There are so many cliches about sales that I'm not going to bother. You get the point: sales and revenue are the lifeblood of any business. Put simp
There are so many cliches about sales that I’m not going to bother. You get the point: sales and revenue are the lifeblood of any business. Put simply: sales is very important.
There’s only two more months in 2019. Here are 20 quotes to motivate you to work hard through the end of the year and meet your goals.
- “You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help enough other people get what they want.” – Zig Ziglar
- “You have to drop your sales mentality and start working with your prospects as if they’ve already hired you.” – Jill Konrath
- “Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later.” – Og Mandino
- “Arouse in the other person an eager want. He who can do this has the whole world with him. He who cannot walks a lonely way.” – Dale Carnegie
- “Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible.” – Tony Robbins
- “Customers don’t care at all whether you close the deal or not. They care about improving their business.” – Aaron Ross
- “You can’t build a reputation on what you are going to do.” – Henry Ford
- “The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.” – Thomas Paine
- “Actions speak louder than words, and a smile says, ‘I like you. You make me happy. I am glad to see you.'” – Dale Carnegie
- “Why talk about what we want? That is childish. Absurd. Of course you are interested in what you want. You are eternally interested in it. But no one else is. The rest of us are just like you: we are interested in what we want.” – Dale Carnegie
- “Sales success comes after you stretch yourself past your limits on a daily basis.” – Omar Periu
- “To be interesting, be interested.” – Dale Carnegie
- “Great salespeople are relationship builders who provide value and help their customers win.” – Jeffrey Gitomer
- “I got lucky because I never gave up the search. Are you quitting too soon? Or are you willing to pursue luck with a vengeance?” – Jill Konrath
- “Fall down seven times and stand up eight.” – Proverb
- “Talk to someone about themselves and they’ll listen for hours.” – Dale Carnegie
- “Opportunities are usually disguised as hard work, so most people don’t recognize them.” – Ann Landers
- “Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm.” – Winston Churchil
- “Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear.” – George Addair
- “Most people think ‘selling’ is the same as ‘talking’. But the most effective salespeople know that listening is the most important part of their job.” – Roy Bartell
You may have noticed that many quotes are from Dale Carnegie. My success with sales and revenue came from reading his book: How to Win Friends and Influence People. It is a classic, and in my opinion, a must read for anyone interested in selling anything. I’ve read it over fifteen times. I recommend you do the same.
The opinions expressed here by Inc.com columnists are their own, not those of Inc.com.
This article is from Inc.com