A bargain hunter has bagged 20 hair products from 20p each as part of a mega clearance at her local Boots store.Mum-of-six Kate Hawksworth, 30, paid £
A bargain hunter has bagged 20 hair products from 20p each as part of a mega clearance at her local Boots store.
Mum-of-six Kate Hawksworth, 30, paid £4.90 for her haul, which included 16 bottles of shampoo and conditioner, and four hair mask tubs.
The products were reduced to 50p each in her local Burton upon Trent store, and were even cheaper when scanned at the checkout.
She paid 25p for most of her items except for two Herbal Essences hair products, which were 20p each, and a few other products priced at 34p.
We spotted many of the products Kate bought are being sold for around £2 on Boots’ website, such as the Herbal Essences Bee Strong Shampoo.
Speaking to The Sun, Kate said: “As soon as I saw them I knew I had to grab them.
How to find discounts and deals
IT’S a fine art to hunt out deals and discounts on offer.
Here are our top tips for bagging yourself a bargain:
Check out voucher websites before you buy
- There’s always a chance of bagging a discount on your haul
- f you go on to Latest Deals – a website dedicated to discount codes – you can hunt to see if there’s a promotion you can take advantage
- Other discount code sites include Vouchercodes, which can also help you save
Sign up for apps
- If you download apps, you might be in for some free treats
- For example, KFC is offering free chicken wings through its app
Sign up for newsletters
- To keep up with the latest deals from your favourite shops, it’s best to sign up for a newsletter
Keep an eye out for glitches
- Hotukdeals often share glitches they’ve spotted
- Look out for coupons. Sometimes you can get further discounts on top of existing deals
- It’s important to note that shops can cancel genuine price errors even if you’ve already paid for them, so glitches might not always be successful
“I have six kids at home, four girls, two boys, then myself and my husband – so as you can imagine, we get through a lot of hair products.”
She posted her find on the Extreme Couponing and Bargains UK Facebook group.
Thousands of members liked and commented on her post.
“Well done, fab bargain,” one deal hunter said.
Another posted: “Wow that’s amazing.”
Boots told The Sun that the rock bottom prices for some hair products at its Burton upon Trent store is not part of a nationwide offer.
The further discount taken off at the till was not a result of a glitch, as the shop had slashed prices to clear stock.
ASILE BE DAMNED
Tesco pulls products after being exposed as identical to cheaper ones
Simple pension pot error could leave you with £50,000 less than expected
Dorothy Perkins, Wallis & Burton have up to 80% off sales as Boohoo takes over
SORT YOUR STORAGE
These storage solutions from wilko are all you need for your spring clean
When does the furlough scheme extension end in the UK?
Hundreds of Dorothy Perkins, Wallis & Burton stores close after Boohoo buyout
The Entertainer has also added more items to its sale, offering discounts of up to 75%.
Want to get £10 worth of free chocolate for Valentine’s Day from Hotel Chocolat? Here’s how to using a cashback offer.