SPACE fans think they've spied a UFO flying past the ISS.Footage from Elon Musk's SpaceX craft appears to show a strange metallic object in view for a
SPACE fans think they’ve spied a UFO flying past the ISS.
Footage from Elon Musk’s SpaceX craft appears to show a strange metallic object in view for a brief moment.
Eagled-eyed watchers hailed the clip as “amazing”.
It was uploaded by YouTuber Third Phase of Moon, who regularly posts apparent sightings of unidentified flying objects.
In this latest video, footage from the SpaceX Cargo Dragon seemingly shows an object passing nearby.
The Cargo Dragon is a reusable supply vehicle that docks to the ISS with re-stock materials.
But it’s unclear what the mystery object is that was caught on the feed’s camera.
It’s possible that it’s a bit of space debris, or a satellite passing in the distance.
There are thousands of probes in Earth’s orbit, and it’s likely that fans caught a glimpse of one passing by.
But YouTube fans are speculating that it’s a secret Space Force project.
Among space watchers, the jury is out.
“Some people might speculate that this is space debris but it’s way too close to the ISS and too large,” the YouTube channel creator told the Daily Star.
What is the ISS?
Here’s what you need to know about the International Space Station…
- The International Space Station, often abbreviated to ISS, is a large space craft that orbits Earth and houses astronauts who go up there to complete scientific missions
- Many countries worked together to build it and they work together to use it
- It is made up of many pieces, which astronauts had to send up individually on rockets and put together from 1998 to 2000
- Ever since the year 2000, people have lived on the ISS
- Nasa uses the station to learn about living and working in space
- It is approximately 250 miles above Earth and orbits around the planet just like a satellite
- Living inside the ISS is said to be like living inside a big house with five bedrooms, two bathrooms, a gym, lots of science labs and a big bay window for viewing Earth
He said that he didn’t think it was a satellite either.
And he added that it was “possibly the best UFO sighting” near the ISS in 2020.
Elon Musk’s Cargo Dragon is launched via SpaceX’s Falcon 9 rocket, and returns to Earth with an ocean splashdown.
Cargo Dragon is currently contracted to supply the iSS for Nasa between 2020 and 2024.
Its first docking took place in early December, marking a major achievement for SpaceX.
Nasa urged to hunt down alien probes with spaceships by Harvard genius
Spot the Anglo Saxon’s Long Night Moon as 2020’s last full moon appears
Missed Great Conjunction ‘Christmas Star’? See Jupiter and Saturn meet TONIGHT
HO HO NO
‘Christmas asteroid’ longer than two football pitches to zip past Earth TODAY
German WW1 cannon unearthed in Canada – 4,000 miles from Western Front
In other news, SpaceX recently launched a spy satellite into orbit.
ESA researchers think they’ve spotted an angel on Mars.
And a satellite that can look inside buildings at any time of day has been launched.
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online Tech & Science team? Email us at [email protected]
This post first appeared on Thesun.co.uk