IF you're one of the billions of people around the world to use applications such as Hangouts, Blogger and Gmail then you probably already have a Goog
IF you’re one of the billions of people around the world to use applications such as Hangouts, Blogger and Gmail then you probably already have a Google account.
But what do you do if you want to delete your Google account? Thankfully, it’s very easy and can be done through your web browser or even your phone.
How do I delete a Google account?
To delete a Google account from your computer…
1. On your computer, access the internet and visit myaccount.google.com.
2. Make sure you are signed into the Google account you wish to delete.
3. If you are not signed in, then click on the blue tab in the top right hand corner of the screen which says “go to Google account”, and enter your email address and password.
4. On the next page you will see a list of tabs down the left hand side – click on Data and Personalisation.
5. Scroll down to the sub heading that reads Download, delete, or make a plan for your data.
6. On the next page click the option to delete your Google account.
7. In order to progress to the next step, Google will ask you to enter your email address and password for security reasons.
8. Next you will be instructed to read two short paragraphs explaining exactly what deleting your account will mean.
10. Finally you must click two tick boxes before completing the process of deleting your Google account by selecting DELETE ACCOUNT.
To delete a Google account from your Android phone…
1. Open your phone settings, and then scroll down and select the tab which has the word Accounts in it.
2. Next select the Google account you want to delete, followed by the icon reading Remove Your Account.
3. You may now be asked to enter your login details.
4. Finally you can complete the process by selecting remove account.
To delete a Google account from your iPhone…
1. Open your Settings, then scroll down and click on the icon that says Passwords and Accounts.
2. From there, select Gmail.
3. At the bottom of the next page will be the words Delete Account in red writing. Simply click that to complete the process.
How do I save and archive my Google account data?
Before you delete your Google account, Google gives you the option to archive your data.
This means saving all the information you have accumulated for use offline, or for use after your account has been deleted.
1. Visit Google’s Download Your Data page at takeout.google.com/ and sign into your account.
2. You will then be able to see a list of services which you can archive data from, such as Gmail and Google Drive.
3. Each one will have a tick box next to it. You should select the services which you would like to archive, then click next.
COLD HARD CACHE
Free up space on your iPhone with these simple steps to clear the cache
Facebook rival MeWe goes viral after Trump dumped by social media giants
How to add the Swipe Up feature to your Instagram story
BACK TO BASICS
Here’s how you can get your iPhone back to factory settings
LIKE, SUBSCRIBE, REPOST
Our guide to reposting content on Instagram
4. You must then decide how you want to receive the archived data – options include getting a download link via email or receiving it on Dropbox.
5. You must also select the file format, such as zip or tgz, and whether you want to export the archive all at once or in stages.
6. When your archive is created Google will email you a link to its location.