FACEBOOK is a great place to stay in touch with people - but there may be others you want to avoid.If that's the case for you, then blocking is a grea
FACEBOOK is a great place to stay in touch with people – but there may be others you want to avoid.
If that’s the case for you, then blocking is a great tool. When you do this they will no longer be able to do things like tag you or post on your timeline.
How do I block someone on Facebook?
- Click on the icon that looks like a downwards arrow in the top right corner of Facebook. It should be viewable on all pages.
- Select Settings & Privacy, and then Settings
- Click on Blocking in the menu on the left. It has an icon which looks like a person and a no entry sign.
- Go to the Block users section and enter the name of the person you want to block. It must be their correct Facebook name. Then select Block.
- You should then select the specific person you want to block from the list that appears and click Block, then Block [name].
- If this method doesn’t work, try going to the person’s profile and selecting Block from the menu in the bottom right corner of their cover photo.
When you block someone on Facebook, what do they see?
The blocked person won’t be able to contact you on Facebook.
This means they can’t see things you post on your profile, tag you in posts, comments or photos.
They will also be unable to invite you to events or groups, start a conversation with you or add you as a friend.
And, if you block someone you’re friends with, Facebook will unfriend them as well.
People desert WhatsApp over fears personal data will now be shared with Facebook
Trump Twitter ban came after Michelle called on big tech to ‘stop enabling’ him
RICH MAN’S WORLD
Richest people in the world – from Elon Musk to Jeff Bezos and Bill Gates
WhatsApp will DEACTIVATE your account if you don’t accept new privacy pop-up
The Talk’s Marie Osmond ‘spending more time with family’ after being ‘fired’
Can someone see they’ve been blocked on Facebook?
Facebook doesn’t let you know when you’ve been blocked by another user – but there are a number of indicators.
Being blocked is like being unfriended in some ways, such as someone’s posts not appearing in your Facebook feed and being unable to tag them in posts.
Some signs are more obvious, such as the fact that you can’t search for them on Facebook, visit their profile page, or send them Facebook Messages.
But, when you block someone, they won’t get a notification – that’s the important thing.