House poised to charge Trump with inciting insurrectionCapitol attack could be a glimpse of violence to comeUS sees new record of 4,327 Covid deaths i
- House poised to charge Trump with inciting insurrection
- Capitol attack could be a glimpse of violence to come
- US sees new record of 4,327 Covid deaths in a single day
- Kamala Harris: how will America’s next vice-president wield her power? Join the Guardian for a live conversation on 18 January
- Sign up to receive First Thing – our daily briefing by email
Tom Cole, the top Republican on the House rules committee, made a process argument against the second impeachment of Donald Trump.
“This is not the type of robust process we’ve followed for every modern impeachment,” Cole said on the House floor.
Steny Hoyer, the House majority leader, told NBC News that the chamber would immediately send the impeachment article to the Senate if it passes the House.
.@LeaderHoyer told me Democrats would send impeachment articles to the Senate immediately.