SPAM calls can be very annoying, especially if you start getting multiple every day.Luckily for iPhone users, there's a simple way to block them. 2Try
SPAM calls can be very annoying, especially if you start getting multiple every day.
Luckily for iPhone users, there’s a simple way to block them.
How to block spam calls on iPhone
First, make sure you’re using iOS 13 software or newer.
Next, you’ll need to download a spam blocking and call identifying app.
Once you’ve picked which app you want and downloaded it, open your iPhone’s Settings menu.
Scroll down and select “Call Blocking & Identification”.
You should see your chosen app as an option in this section.
Switch the toggle next to it on so the app can start blocking your spam calls.
The app may not be able to block all calls if the spam numbers aren’t on its list.
However, it should provide you with much more peace than not having the app.
You can always download multiple apps to try and take advantage of what calls they can block.
iPhone tricks to try today
Here are some of the best…
- Typing cursor – When typing, hold down the space bar to turn your keyboard into a trackpad, letting you move around words and sentences more easily
- Close all Safari tabs – To do this in one go, simply hold the overlapped squares in the bottom right-hand corner, and press close all tabs
- Delete lots of photos quickly – Hold down on a photo and then drag your finger diagonally in Photos to select lots of images at once, then hit delete
- Convert currency quickly – Swipe down from the top of your Home screen (or swipe left to right on an iPhone X), then tap in the bar and type a currency (like $200) and it will automatically covert to your local currency
- Check if you’re due a battery upgrade – Batteries inside smartphones degrade over time. Just go to Settings > Battery > Battery Health, and check out the Maximum Capacity reading. Generally a battery is considered worn when you’re down to 80% capacity. If you’re below, you can buy a battery swap from Apple
- Move apps around faster – Hold an app until it starts wiggling, then (while still holding) tap other apps, causing them to stack so you can move them around easier
Your iPhone has a hidden button you didn’t know existed – and it’s super handy
Get top iPhone 12 deals for ALL FOUR major networks from Affordable Mobiles
We reveal if YOU need to buy new £20 plug before upgrading to the latest iPhone
G MARKS THE SPOT
O2 rolls out 5G to 100 towns and cities – is yours on the list?
OUT OF JUICE
Delete THESE 22 dodgy apps to save your phone’s battery life
IT’S A DATE
Now you can find out which of your Facebook friends secretly fancies you
In other news, WhatsApp users can now mute a chat forever thanks to a new update.
Social distancing didn’t stop queues forming for the iPhone 12’s first day in store.
And, Huawei has just launched the Mate 40 Pro smartphone.
What are your thoughts on the new iPhone? Let us know in the comments…
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online Tech & Science team? Email us at [email protected]
This post first appeared on Thesun.co.uk